Shopify enables developers to create powerful e-commerce solutions for a variety of scenarios - from integrating your service into the Shopify admin, building a sales channel, customizing any website, and more.
Use featured APIs to quickly integrate sophisticated Shopify functionality into your app:
The following tutorials will enable users to have a better experience while developing on Shopify's API:
- Building a public application – If you've never built an app before, this tutorial will walk you through code examples of what is required to authenticate and make basic API calls.
- Using webhooks - Learn more about using Shopify's Webhooks API.
- Shopify Scripts SHOPIFY PLUS – Scripts and the Script Editor let you create scripts that are run each time a customer adds items to their cart. Create discounts for products with specific tags or run special promotions like "buy 2, get 1 free".
- Application Proxies – An application proxy is a feature that fetches and displays data on a Shopify shop page from an outside location that you, the developer, specify.
- Checkout API – Learn how to use our Checkout API to create orders programmatically in your Sales Chanel SDK app.
- Analytics API – Use Shopify Query Language to build strong analytics apps for single merchants or the app store.
- Updating SEO data - Use metafields to update the search engine listing of an object, or to hide an object from search engines and sitemaps.
- Marketing Events API - Create marketing events for your app, to help merchants market products, collections, discounts, and more. Also, create engagements to report on customer engagement with your marketing events.